Aborted Fetal Cells RA 27/3
- The RA 27/3 rubella vaccine is a live attenuated virus.
- It was first isolated in 1965 at the Wistar Institute from a rubella-infected aborted fetus.
- The virus was attenuated by 25–30 passages in tissue culture, using human diploid fibroblasts.
- RA 27/3 is used to indicate rubella, also known as German Measles.
- Rubella vaccine is available combined with measles and mumps vaccines as MMR, or combined with mumps, measles, and varicella vaccine as MMRV (ProQuad).